The Fast Company list of the most innovative education companies ranges from instructional platforms to children wellness programs.
Fast Company has revealed the list of the most innovative companies of 2018. The leader in the education sector is CommonBond, the student loan relief company. Duolingo and Coursera are also included in the top 10.
Here is the list:
- CommonBond. Lender that aids students paying their loans. The company has refinanced graduate and undergraduate loans of students from 2,000 universities.
- Duolingo. Language learning platform. It offers courses on 68 different languages on its website and app. Duolingo has close to 200 million registered users.
- Sesame Workshop. Non-profit that produces educational children’s shows. Its mission is to help kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. It has presence in more than 150 countries.
- The Big Green. Community of dynamic outdoor classrooms. Its goal is to promote youth wellness by connecting kids to real food with its food literacy programs.
- Cornell Tech. Applied science school aiming to integrate a science and entrepreneurial mindset. It offers graduate education and research for the digital age.
- Coursera. One of the leading online learning platforms. It partners with universities from all over the world, and companies like Google and Microsoft, to offer accessible education.
- Quill.org. Provider of free online tools to help low income students become good writers. It offers writing and grammar activities for elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Newsela. Instructional learning platform. It addresses the problem of reading engagement focusing on students, teachers, and principals. It has a community of over 1,300,000 educators.
- Clever. The company’s mission is to improve education through technology. The team is made of former educators, teachers, and tech experts that have the goal of changing the classroom experience.
- MissionU. Focuses on preparing students for the jobs of the 21st century. MissionU’s majors offer an immersive, collaborative, and efficient learning experience. The aim is to graduate with a strong resume and portfolio.
Here is the top 10 of the most innovative companies across all sectors:
- CVS Health
- The Washington Post